Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ha-ha! Sorry about not explaining the photos from last week! Ha-ha. We butchered a pig at a members house on p-day because it was the death date of one of their cousins. They chopped the pig up, of course, and had a huge meal with many different dishes. The sticker-like things are called pogz. It is a game that little kids play here. It is almost like trading hockey cards. The chocolate pudding stuff isn't chocolate pudding at all. It was cooked pigs blood! :). It didn't even taste that bad.

Well, this week I got my new companion. His name is Elder Hapi. Everyone here jokes about his name. "Are you always happy?" they would say. He is a big Maori Elder. (Side note - We read on a different blog that he is 6'6" and 350 pounds! - Big guy!) He is pretty cool and is super excited to get as much missionary work done as he can. He really knows how to show real courage. I remember in my first area how scared I was to talk to people. I had Elder Hapi talking to people on the bus ride home ha-ha. That is how you show your faith. He will learn the language so fast.

Well all is well in Lopez. We have a baptism next week. Zion, the little boy that I have talked about before in my letters. I feel like he is ready and I can't wait for him. Wow I am sad that I missed Thanksgiving... We didn't eat anything too special for dinner... Well that is sad ha-ha. Joke lang.

I can't believe that Paige will be home in like one month! Ha-ha that is crazy. I still got quite a while before I get to that point. Well, I am glad to hear that the girls played in Banff. I want to smell that cool mountain air again. I can't wait for that . Well, hope you all had a good week. I love you all a ton.

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment